Workouts for bad weather days are just as important as workouts for good weather days.
Why are workouts for bad weather days important?
- When the bad weather hits us, we typically are very lazy and sit around watching TV and eating lots of snacks.
- Bad weather days are very hard to get motivated.
- Bad weather days are days that (we think we deserve a rest)… and we make our minds believe that we can do nothing.
Workouts for bad weather days:
- Use the free Fit Star app and follow your coach to a short, but great calorie burning workout.
- Use resistance bands and do a 15-30 minute workout, then hit the couch and watch TV.
- Do a 30-45 minute walk on the treadmill, or use an elliptical if you have one.
- You could make a stationary bike stand and use your bicycle that is in your garage, or in storage that never gets used.
- Do some push-ups and crunches, as well as some mountain climbers all mixed together for a good fat burning workout.
Face it though. Most people will never do workouts for bad weather days. Instead, they will make excuses why they shouldn’t, and instead they will sit on the couch all day with a bag of potato chips and add more fat to their body. It’s their choice isn’t it. Most of the ones that do this are the same ones that never get on the scales to check their body weight, but are the ones that complain about their clothes not fitting correctly, or the dryer shrunk their clothes, or something silly like that. Excuses are always there if we allow them to take part in our minds.
What about snacks?
There is nothing wrong with some snacks once and a while. There is nothing wrong with a 15-30 minute workout 3 times per week either. At least with the 3 times per week workout, you can honestly justify having those snacks, because you’ve earned them.
Let’s talk more about workouts for bad weather days, and what good the free fit star app could do for you. This free app can help you workout for as short, or as long as you want. You can choose your workouts, whether it be easy, or difficult. You will have a coach guiding you all the way, showing you exactly how to do each and every move. Ever heard of Tony Gonzalez? He is formerly from the NFL team Kansas City Chiefs, and also the Atlanta Falcons. Tony will be one of your coaches when you use the “Fit Star” app…like in the picture above.
Below are some exercise moves and ideas for your workouts on bad weather days:
Click here to see more of the above exercises/workouts.
I encourage you to do something at least 3 times weekly, and especially do workouts on bad weather days. Do at least 15 minutes and then work up to 30 minutes, just 3 times weekly…that’s it!
Below is a picture of a simple stand built out of PVC pipe that you could put your dust collecting bicycle to good use in your home. This could make you a great workout machine. 🙂
How are you health and fitness goals coming along so far for this new year 2016? Maybe you haven’t even set any yet, or maybe you have and haven’t do anything toward them yet? Either way, it’s time to take action now and get started. You have to do something or nothing will ever change!
Enjoy getting healthy and fit! Make it FUN! 🙂