Healthy Eating Plate should look like this if you are eating properly. So many people nowadays are eating out way to much and loading their plates full of carbs and saturated fats. They are drinking everything except water and absolutely destroying their body’s with sugar and pure garbage, and wondering why they keep gaining weight. This especially goes for those that are at the age 50 plus…
So Why Is It So Important To Have A Healthy Eating Plate?
There is no better way to rejuvenate your health than by eating more nutritiously. In fact, even a few simple changes in your diet and lifestyle can have a positive impact on your health-and can also prevent a variety of health problems in the future.
The worlds favorite breakfast is; coffee and doughnuts, a hamburger for lunch-or just skip lunch all together; candy, cookies, and a soft drink for a snack; followed by a huge dinner with more protein in that one meal than a person needs-are unhealthy dietary choices. As a result, younger people are starting to suffer from heart disease and obesity. However, the lack of exercise is one of the biggest problems that we have in today’s society, and the main reason for sickness, over weight, obesity, and serious health issues.
Want to here something real alarming? Most doctors and other fitness professionals will urge patients and clients to stop smoking, eat a balanced diet, drink plenty of water, exercise regularly, and offset their balanced diet with additional nutritional supplements, like good quality multi vitamins and good quality whey protein that is right for them.
What Can You Do To Live A Healthy Life and Feel Better?
- Exercise at least 20 to 30 minutes three or four days a week. Who doesn’t have an extra 20 min 3 times a week? You can use free fitness apps, like “7 min workout”, or “FitStar“, or grab some resistance bands at your local sporting goods store, and then use them and not allow them to just sit around and collect dust while you sit on the couch eating potato chips and watching hours upon hours of TV, and the negative news channels.
- Eat out more sparingly. Possibly limit your eating out to once a month? This also helps the monthly budget! Food preparation methods in restaurants often involve high amounts-and the wrong types-of fat and sugar. There are fats that our body’s need, but these restaurants aren’t using the right ones.
- Pack your own lunch to control your fat and sugar content while adding nutritious fruits, vegetables, and grains.
- Limit or remove your intake of alcohol and quit smoking. Drinking alcohol excessively and/or smoking hinder your body’s ability to absorb nutrients from your food. Do the research, it is PROVEN!
- Eat 4 to 5 meals per day. Skip breakfast and do not eat your first meal until noon. Why? You body burns a lot of fat off while you are sleeping, so stretch this “fasting mode” out until noon. In other words; your body will still be burning fat just as it does when you are sleeping and you will lose that unwanted fat that you may be wanting to get rid of. Mix a fiber drink when you get up and drink it right away. This will stop your cravings until lunch, and will also help you from eating so much at lunch.
- Eat healthy meals at noon, 3pm, 6pm, and 8pm. Or eat at noon, 3ish pm, and then eat your last meal at 7pm. Make sure you don’t eat your biggest meal (dinner) after 8pm. Eating before bed is a bad choice.
- Drink lots of water throughout the day. Make sure you drink a glass of water right before each meal. This will help you feel full and keep you from wanting to stuff yourself at meals.
Dietary Changes You Can Use On Or With Your Healthy Eating Plate
- Eat more raw foods when possible. Cooking and canning your foods absolutely destroys much of the nutrition that is in foods, and this is nutrition that your body needs. With the exception of canned tomatoes. Tomatoes can help prevent prostate cancer, fresh or frozen fruits and vegetables always have more natural vitamins and minerals.
- You should select organically grown foods if and when possible. They have lower amounts of toxic elements, such as pesticides and heavy metals.
- Consume 25 to 30 grams of fiber per day. Whole-grain breads and cereals, beans, nuts, and some fruits and vegetables are good sources of fiber. Using High-fiber diets can help prevent digestive disorders, heart disease, and colon cancer. Metamucil (from Walmart) works very well and is very affordable to use on a daily basis. You can get a Mixer Cup at Walmart to, and this can be used to mix your fiber drinks each morning before you leave the house. This fiber drink will also help keep you feeling full throughout the day, and this will help you not have so many cravings of junk throughout the day.
- Drink at least 8 to 10 – 8oz glasses (preferably 1 gallon) of water per day. You can get in the habit of carrying around a 32oz Tervis Cup (from QuikTrip for $9) with you everywhere you go, with your filtered water and ice in it. Remember: The colder the water the better. It is proven that ice cold water makes the body work harder to warm it up to your body’s temperature and this helps burn calories and fat.
- Take 2-3 Fish Oil tablets with each meal. This will help you tremendously with your healthy diet and also aid you in losing fat.
- Don’t forget your drinking water.
Supplements You Can Use To Increase Your Healthy Eating Plate
According to the U.S. Food and Drug Administration, dietary supplements are not substitutes for foods, and should not be used to sustain good health by just taking vitamin and mineral supplements by themselves without proper foods. When supplements are taken properly, they can play an important role in achieving maximum health and increasing your overall health, stamina, and energy levels. Vitamins and Whey Protein Supplements have been proven to not just help treat cancers, but also prevent them. These types of diseases are due to the body lacking something, so why not feed your body properly and remove any chances of ever getting cancers, or other diseases?
**If you are considering nutritional supplements, keep the following tips and recommendations in mind:
- Remember to consume/take in dark green vegetables, oils, nuts, and seeds, which are sources of magnesium, fatty acids, and many other vitamins and minerals.
- Use Whey Protein Supplements that are low to zero carbs and does not contain aspartame and is lactose free. Jay Robb Enterprises offers one of the top protein supplements in the world today, and is very affordable, as well as great tasting. The Whey Protein Advantages are numerous for staying healthy and fit.
- Use Quality Multi Vitamins and not some cheap imitation from a cheap shop or dollar store. A good quality multi vitamin should have everything all in one the the body needs and not require you to purchase other vitamin supplements to give you what it lacks. The price of a high quality multi vitamin should start at $30 and go up for a 30 days supply.
What about Healthy Eating Snacks?
- Almond nuts are a great healthy eating snack. Almond nuts are a healthy snack and has healthy fats in it. This is a healthy eating snack that will fill you up and keep you from wanted the “unhealthy” snacks. The benefits of almonds are unbelievable!
- If you like milk, then Almond milk is a great choice over 2% and whole milks. Almond milk (original 60 calorie) can be found almost anywhere nowadays and is nearly the same price of other milks. Almond milk is also lactose free. 🙂
- Dark Chocolate. Dark Chocolate chips or dark chocolate bars are good snacks, of course in moderation. Dark chocolate is proven to be good for us, but as mentioned, in moderation.
- There are a great deal of mixed nut that are very good and a healthy eating snack. Click here or the picture below for 5 healthy almond snacks.
Healthy and Balanced Diets along with 3xweekly exercise will help you look better, feel better, improve sex life, work more efficiently, and live longer. 🙂
P.S. The above strategies and eating is exactly what I do every day. These are the same ideas that I have used to lose over 12# of unwanted body fat in a short 3 weeks using great tasting healthy foods and low carb stir fry dinners, and the good news is, I’ve kept it off and continue to lose more body fat and get in better shape each week. One of my biggest goals is to help more people find themselves and reach their goals and dreams, lose weight, and get in the best shape of their lives. You can really do whatever you set your mind to!