What if They Don’t Believe In You…I’m talking about friends, family, co-workers, or anyone that says you will never make it, or says that you cannot reach your dreams and goals?
Have the opinions of others caused you to water down your dreams? There will always be critics and naysayers in life. One of the most important things you can learn is that other people don’t have to believe in you in order for your dreams to come to pass. Other people don’t set the limits for your life—you do. It’s not what others say about you that affects your life, it’s what you say and believe about yourself.
Here is how I feel about other people not believing in my dreams and goals:
- “It doesn’t matter if other people don’t believe in me. Their unbelief is not going to keep me from believing in my dreams and goals.”
- If others don’t believe in me, I don’t care, because I believe in myself.
- My friends either believe in what I’m doing, or I find new friends.
- I hang out with high income earners for the simple reason, we earn within $2,000-$3,000 of our closest friends. When I learned this, I started searching for new friends with big dreams and goals as well as big incomes.
- I write my goals and dreams down on paper and read them constantly to keep them on the forefront of my mind.
- I keep a goal card (business card size) in my pocket and carry it with me everywhere I go and read it constantly.
- I love the encouragement and motivation that non believers give me.
- I also love being able to succeed (WIN) when others said that I couldn’t and have them hear about it, or read about it, or better yet, have some of our mutual friends say something to them about how I succeeded. This is the best revenge ever…because I never have to say a word to them, or try the old approach and rub it in. I don’t like that old approach, but I do like others doing the news spreading for me…lol.
So what if they don’t believe in you! No one else but you and God matters anyway. We should always be rising to new levels, but it’s so easy to get stuck in a rut and just settle for the status quo. Sometimes we think, “Well, I’ve reached my limits. I’ve gone as far as I can go. This is as happy as I’ll ever be.” But if we’re going to continue to increase and really experience God’s best, we have to get our thinking lined up with God’s thinking.
It’s interesting that in this scripture, the people limited the Holy One of Israel. Think about that. How can the all-powerful God, the Creator of the universe, be limited? By our thinking. He can be limited in our lives by what we believe. A lot of people don’t realize today that it’s their own wrong thinking that’s keeping them in mediocrity. We become what we think about.
So what will you do if someone try’s to steal your dream?
- Will you listen to them and give up on your dreams and goals?
- What if they don’t believe in you? This means your friends, family, co-workers, etc.
- Are you going to keep hanging out with people like that, or will you ditch them and find real friends?
- Will you fight for your dreams and remember that they are YOUR dreams, and not someone elses dreams?
- Will you continue to live in the past, or forget the past and start living in the future?
- Will you write down your goals and do whatever it takes to reach them?
Today, take the limits off by choosing to believe God. Feed your faith by studying His Word. As you meditate on His promises with an open and humble heart, give praise and you’ll see Him move mightily in your life, and you will experience the blessings He has prepared for you! Everyone believes in something, so why not start believing in what is important and what will get you to those dreams and goals. Just say this to yourself; so what if they don’t believe in you, because I believe in myself and God believes in me, so that’s all I care about.
Stand up for what you believe in, because you can fall for anything!
I believe you in you! You can literally do anything that you set your mind to. Believe in yourself, and forget what others believe about you! Take a little bit of time and watch this video on dreams and goals by Les Brown. This video is one of the best dreams and goals inspirational videos I’ve seen…
Click Here << for the dreams and goals video.
Don’t give up,