How Almond Nuts can help you lose weight and feed your mid day and evening cravings.
I just returned from a very long road trip (23 hours each way). I delivered some farm equipment for my daughter and her husband to a guy on the other side of Boise Idaho. This was a trip I volunteered for and enjoyed doing. However, it was a long drive and little rest.
What did I eat while driving for so long?
- I pre-prepared some sandwiches for my trip. (Turkey Meat) which is high in protein. Just be watchful of your bread choices. (Use a low calorie wheat bread).
- I also pre-prepared my fiber drinks so that all I had to do was add water, shake, and drink. This also acts as a great filler to help you keep from having so many cravings throughout the day, as well as many health benefits.
- I pre-prepared my daily Whey Protein shakes so all I had to do was, add water, shake well, and drink. Keeping your protein levels higher than your carbs and fat is huge when it comes to losing weight, and maintaining your current weight.
- My daily “multi vitamins were in my “goody bag” along with everything else. Having a (good quality) multi vitamin is something that you must have in order to stay healthy, control your weight and have more energy.
- Almond Nuts for snacking on in between meals.
- Plenty of water (which helps control your overeating). Drinking lots of “filtered water” helps control your cravings as well as maintain a healthy body.
- Apples and Raisins. Great for snacks and very healthy.
Eating about 23 almond nuts per day is an easy way to incorporate many crucial nutrients into your daily diet. Almonds are rich in vitamin E, calcium, magnesium and potassium. Almond nuts are one of the best fillers (snacks) as well.
Additionally, almonds are a significant source of protein and fiber, while being naturally low in sugar. One 23-almond serving packs 13 grams of healthy unsaturated fats, 1 gram of saturated fat and no cholesterol or salt.
Of all tree nuts, almonds rank highest in protein, fiber, calcium, vitamin E, riboflavin and niacin content by weight. There are 160 calories in 23 almonds. While many of these calories come from fat, it is primarily the healthy unsaturated fats and not the unhealthy saturated kind.
Do you know that Unsaturated Fats are good for you and a healthy choice?
Fats are good for you as long as it is the right fats. The unsaturated fats are the healthiest type of fats, so relax and enjoy the unsaturated fats.
Other Health Benefits of Almonds:
Almonds may also promote gastrointestinal health and even help combat diabetes. The high fiber content of almonds gives them prebiotic properties, which contributes to health in the gastrointestinal tract. Prebiotic’s are non-digestible food substances, which serve as food for the good bacteria in the intestinal tract and help maintain a healthy balance.
In the medical world, almonds nutrition is most praised due to the presence of monounsaturated fatty acids, dietary fiber, antioxidants, vitamins like riboflavin, and trace minerals such as magnesium.
Which Almonds Nuts Are The Best To Buy?
Almonds nuts are available in a variety which makes it extremely tough to figure out which one is the healthiest to buy. Raw, unsalted almonds are a safe bet, but some people prefer the roasted taste over the “unsalted almonds”.
Both raw and roasted almonds pack a high dose of nutrients and minerals. Raw almonds have more naturally occurring beneficial fats. Some of the healthy benefits are lost in the roasting process. Dry roasted almonds have the same amount of calories as raw almonds, while almonds roasted in oil contain a few more more calories. How Almond Nuts can help you lose weight as well as feed those mid day and evening cravings that we all get. Almond nuts are also good with some dark chocolate (which is also good for you)…just sayin. 🙂
When you get those “cravings” for something in the middle of the day, or even after your dinner, grab some almond nuts and enjoy.
REMEMBER: Keeping your protein level higher than your carbs and fat is a huge benefit when it comes to losing and maintaining your preferred body weight. I ONLY use a high quality whey protein for my daily use. This helps me control my weight, helps support healthy muscle, and helps feed and control my cravings. Whey protein also helps my energy level.
Enjoy almond nuts for your daily health snacks. 🙂
P.S. How Almond Nuts can help you lose weight is just part of the entire weight loss formula. You will also need to add some other healthy meals and exercise to your weekly schedule. Take a high quality multi vitamin and add a high quality Whey Protein to your daily diet as well. On my workout days, I mix and drink my Whey Protein shake after the workout to help feed the muscles I have just tore down and give me an energy boost. I have found the best workout schedule for building muscle and losing weight, as well as maintaining your current weight is; 3 times weekly with 15-30 minutes per workout…that’s it!