Pumpkin pie protein smoothie that will remind you of a pumpkin pie. This is a smoothie that I have used from another source and have modified.
Adding more protein to your daily intake is very important, especially if you are very active and doing 3 or more workouts per week. It is always a good idea to keep your protein level higher than your carbs and fat levels. This is sometimes hard to do without adding extra supplements to your daily intake, or in this case, adding a protein smoothie.
There are so many great tasting protein shakes, or also called protein smoothies. This recipe below is just one of the great ones that gives your protein level a boost for those active, or workout days.
Ingredients Needed for Pumpkin Pie Protein Smoothie:
- 1-1/2 bananas
- 1 cup Almond milk
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 scoop of Jay Robb vanilla or chocolate whey protein powder (you can also leave this one out)
- 2-1/2 Tablespoons pure maple syrup
- 3/4 cup vanilla Greek yogurt
- 2/3 cup pumpkin puree (you can use canned or fresh pumpkin puree)
- 1-1/2 cups of crushed ice (using crushed ice is much easier to blend than cubed ice)
Directions for Pumpkin Pie Protein Smoothie:
- A very strong, powerful blender will be required to blend this pumpkin pie protein smoothie. I like using my Magic Bullet blender. However, any blender will work here as long as it has really good power. This is a thick mixture, then adding the ice to it will require a strong blender. You can also divide it up and not blend all at once until the ice is blended and the other ingredients are blended, then mix all together and do a final blend together. This makes for a much easier blending.
- Add all of the above ingredients into the blender. Blend on high with a lid on for at least 3 minutes or until smooth and creamy. You may need to divide up the pumpkin pie protein smoothie ingredients for easier blending unless you have a real strong blender, or a small blender container. Once this is done, then you can put it all together and do a final blend.
- You may need to add more almond milk to thin out if it is too thick. Remember: You can always add more crushed ice, and you can also add more cinnamon, or any of the above ingredients to fit your taste. This is exactly what I did.
Pumpkin Pie Protein Smoothie Notes:
- You can also use regular plain yogurt instead. I prefer the yogurts that have a higher protein level instead of the lower ones. The vanilla Greek yogurt is very good to use due to the great vanilla taste. Be watchful of the protein level though. The whole idea of the protein smoothie is for a high protein level that will give you a huge boost of protein and energy boost.
- This is great for a pre workout drink, or after a workout when protein is much needed for muscle recovery.
- Instead of pumpkin pie spice, you can also add more cinnamon for better taste. In the first recipe I found they used nutmeg, cloves, and ginger for taste. I prefer the cinnamon for taste, and keep in mind that cinnamon is very good for you.
- I prefer to use Almond Milk that is 60 calories. Almond milk is much better for you, and the protein level is much higher, as well as lower carbs than most other milks. Almond milk has a much better taste as well. You can also try the vanilla almond milk which has an incredible taste, but the cost is about $1.25 higher than the regular 60 calorie almond milk. You could also use any other kinds of milk as well, like skim milk, or 2% milk. (The almond milk is much healthier is the reason I prefer it over these others).
- Last thing is to garnish. You can use cinnamon to garnish this pumpkin pie protein smoothie and add a tablespoon of low fat whipped cream, or just leave UN-garnished. Either way is great!
Here is another great recipe << if you’d like to try it as well.
Now it’s time to enjoy your Pumpkin Pie Protein Smoothie. 🙂
Get your daily protein!
P.S. Leave your comments below if you’ve tried this recipe above, or if you have another great protein shake or smoothie recipe, please let me know. I am always looking for more great ideas and recipes. Thank you in advance!
P.P.S. If you are looking for more protein shake ideas, or how to mix your after workout protein shake (video), or wanting to know the whey protein advantages, then visit here for additional information and step by step video.