Rich chocolate protein shake that can be used for extra energy anytime, as well as after workouts. This Rich chocolate protein shake has 55.5 grams of protein, 23g carbs, 23.5g fat and is 479 calories.
This is very a rich chocolate protein shake, so you might want to drink half after your morning workout, then put the other half in the refrigerator and drink in the afternoon for a great pick me up drink, as well as a great afternoon snack.
Below is a video that I shot today to share exactly what is going in the rich chocolate protein shake so that you could see and hear what goes in this delicious drink.
How To Mix This Rich Chocolate Protein Shake:
- Put 2 cups of Almond Milk in a blender (I use the 60 calorie almond milk to keep the calories lower)
- Add 1 scoop of Jay Robb chocolate whey protein powder
- Add 1 scoop of MA+IGP whey protein powder (this whey protein powder has Glutathione in it which is extremely good for you)
- 3tbsp of Skippy or Jiff creamy peanut butter (either of these peanut butters are 7g of protein per 2 tbsp serving)
- 3tbsp of Nestle dark chocolate chips (preferably soft for better blending)
Blend these ingredients for 30 seconds, shut off for settling (or you can go from Hi to Low), then blend for another 30 seconds. Make sure your chocolate chips aren’t settled in the bottom and are blended well before drinking. This is very rich and filling, so drink half, chill the rest in the fridge and drink the rest later. This shake is best when chilled! You could also add a few ice cubes for a real cold drink.
- Any blender will work fine for this rich chocolate protein shake. As you can see in the picture above and the video, I am using a Magic Bullet that works really good too.
- You can also add a banana to this rich chocolate protein shake recipe, as well as strawberry’s. I’ve used it both ways and it is equally delicious either way you make it. If you don’t like a real rich chocolaty shake, then you may want to leave the dark chocolate chips out and add a banana, or some strawberry’s.
I love chocolate and is the main reason I use the Jay Robb Chocolate Whey Protein Powder, however you can also get this whey protein powder in vanilla and strawberry flavors as well. I highly recommend this Jay Robb Whey Protein, no matter which flavor you choose, due to the low carbs, the low calories, and the high protein that it offers. This whey protein powder is the best I’ve ever used and tasted…(and I’ve used a bunch of them). It even taste great in water!
Below are a few more great tasting smoothies you can make:
Both of these smoothies below are very delicious and have great health benefits.
Use and enjoy these recipes. Leave your comments below and let me know what you think of these. You can also let me know if you have some good tasting protein shakes or smoothie recipes as well. Want more ideas for whey protein usage, or maybe vitamins and whey protein for adults over 50? How about seeing the advantages of whey protein and is it right for you? If so, then check it out right here!