Top 10 Reasons to Have an Ezine
- Establish yourself as a trusted expert. People search online for information and will look to you, as a subject matter expert, to provide it to them. Every week (or whatever schedule works) provides an opportunity to build on this, while reinforcing your brand.
- Build a relationship with the people on your list. It’s common knowledge that people like to buy from people they like. By using ezines to connect with readers in their homes, you can develop a relationship of familiarity and trust. Be sure to share a little about yourself or your company in every issue, whether it is an anecdote, event, or employee spotlight.
- Keep in touch with prospects and clients. Consideration should be given to eventually developing two ezines: one for prospects and one for clients, as each require different information. This is a great way to notify your readers of weekly specials or upcoming product launches, offer new articles or customer stories, and provide links (or urls) to updated FAQs, blogs and splash pages.
- Drive traffic to your website or blog. As noted in #3, remember to call attention to new blog posts or other changes to your website with links directly to those pages. Remind readers of your online newsletter archives. Promote special sales (maybe with discount coupon codes only for subscribers) with a link to the sales page. Use links to turn your ezines and newsletters into ‘silent salespersons’– driving traffic to your website and building your lists around the clock.
- Build content on your website. Make a habit to adding your ezines and newsletters to your website in an archive area. This serves a several important purposes:
- Visitors can read an issue or two to determine if your ezine will be of interest to them, which could help to increase sign-ups and potential sales.
- If you optimize your article placements, you will not only make your website ‘meatier’, but you’ll also bring new traffic from the search engines.
- Get feedback from your readers. Make it easy for you to stay in touch with prospects and customers and vice versa. Ask them to take action and comment on your articles and offers. Conduct polls and surveys. Start a ‘Letters to the Editor’ column in your ezine. Feedback allows you to fine tune your messages, target your marketing, and expand your product line. It’s also great for relationship building!
- Develop an information product. If you deliver your newsletter once a week and include two articles, at the end of a year you’ll have 104 well-researched articles in your portfolio! Pick the best-of-the-best and turn them into a bonus eBook for opting-in to your list, submit to download sites to build your list, or sell in PDF-format!
- Grow your mailing list. Let your ezine subscribers work for you. Be sure to remind your readers that it’s okay to forward your newsletter to anyone they’d like. In addition, it’s important to include sign-up instructions for those who received your ezine from viral marketing methods. A simple line titled, ‘Get Your Own Copy of XXXXXX’, with a link to your squeeze or opt-in page is all it takes!
- Gather demographic data. By offering surveys, feedback forms, and niche reports, you’ll be able to get valuable information about your prospects and customers. Learn what makes your readers tick, how to better serve them, and how to give them what they want. Make sure they become repeat customers!
- Save money! All of the above benefits of publishing an ezine are free or almost free. The small cost of a top-rated ezine publishing system is nothing compared to the cost of brochures, business cards, advertising, direct mail, pay-per-click or other means of promotion. Not only that, but someone has to manage that production! Because your newsletter is delivered online, you can grow your list to be as large as you want without worrying about the expense. Bottom line ? it’s proven that email marketing is the most cost-effective marketing solution for companies just like yours!
Many people will never take the time to sit down and write an ezine article that could potentially net the hundreds, thousands, and eventually tens of thousands of dollars if they have it put together write, and if they have it linked to their blog. Having an ezine article linked to your blog can potentially be the HUGE SCORE you have been dreaming about for years and years.
Why is having an ezine so important?
- People find things by searching their favorite search engines, like Google, Yahoo, Bing, or whatever it may be. They type in a search term, hit search and it brings up pages and pages of related topics, ezine articles, blogs, websites and more. Next, that person click on one or more of these ezines articles, or blogs and start looking for a solution to their problem, or whatever it may be they are looking for.
- Once they find what they are looking for, then they will likely follow that ezine article, or blog wherever it may take them.
- The importance of having an ezine (article) is vital due to the fact, often times it will show up in the search engines ahead of a blog or website. Then people can find your blog or website if you’ve included it in your ezine article.
- Study the top 10 reasons to have an Ezine above and learn the importance of an ezine and then take action to start creating them for your niche. You will find the why ezine articles work so well, when done right.
So now you are wondering whether or not you should dive into something that you probably know nothing about, which one works the best, how to start, and much more…right? Keep reading and find out the answers to your questions.
What is the best Ezine service (article service) to use?
- Ezine Articles – Mike Pilcher
- Free Press Release
- Pub Articles
- Article Alley
Above are article sources that I use and as you will see that they are actual article links that I have wrote myself and still get searches from them. This is free traffic that comes to my articles, and then will usually come from there to my blog, which is where I really want them. Just one of these articles brought me in a little over $3,000 in ONE DAY due to the fact that someone found my article, then that ezine led them to my blog, and my blog made the sale of products to that person.
As you have probably noticed on this blog of mine, I am really into health, nutrition and fitness. This is a huge passion of mine. I must say that it is the number one niche topic search online, so what a perfect passion for me to have…right? Of course! However, your passion can be whatever, it doesn’t matter what it is, you can still use this same blueprint and make a residual income for life with that passion of YOURS.
Use this blog post about the Top 10 Reasons to Have an Ezine to help you with your passion and to make money with it. I also have many other ways to generate FREE traffic from the search engines, social media, and more, just by using this same process, and some just from my blog alone. More to come on these soon!
Thanks for reading…
P.S. As always, I welcome your positive comments below. Maybe you have other ezine article sources, ideas, etc. I’d love to hear them. Post your comments below about this post (Top 10 Reasons to Have an Ezine) and share your ideas or thoughts.