Maybe you have a vehicle that you really value and would like to have enclosed transport for it? Or maybe it’s a classic car or truck? Either way, we’ve got you covered with enclosed transport.
What are the advantages of enclosed transport?
- It keeps your vehicle or items protected from the weather.
- No chance for rock chips or road debris hitting your shipment.
- No one can see what’s inside the trailer, which makes it protected from wanna be thieves.
- Keeps your vehicle or items completely dry and clean.
- Easier to load really low sitting cars, vs on open trailers.
What are the disadvantages to enclosed transport?
- More expensive due to worse fuel mileage, and more fuel to tow enclosed trailers.
- Much harder to load and tie down than if it was on open trailer.
- Fire risk is higher due to enclosure.
The pros and cons are not always the issues, it’s more about someone’s valuables and making sure they are in a more safe and protected environment.
Often times the insurance can be cheaper for enclosed vehicles just because the vehicle isn’t being driven and at risk of traffic accidents. Of course, this all depends on the insurance company and the adjuster.
Bottom line is, whatever the client wants, is what the client gets. If someone is willing to pay more for enclosed instead of open transport, then that’s ok. Many don’t believe that enclosed transport takes more fuel, but it’s true. There is so much more wind catch and drag on enclosed vs open loads. More wind drag, more fuel burned, and more money it cost. And right now with the inflated fuel prices, it can add up in a hurry, especially with long hauls.
If your the kind of person always looking for the deal, looking for the cheapest of everything, then this isn’t for you. But, if your the person that wants to protect your investment at all cost, then you’ve came to the right place. Not only do we offer enclosed hauling and transport, but we also offer open transport, of vehicles, trucks, tractors, farm machinery, all terrain vehicles and palleted items of all sizes.
Enclosed trailers – 36’x 102″x 7′ …with 7′ ramp door and 12,000# winch.
Open trailers – 30’x 102″x 32′ …with 10′ hydraulic dovetail and 12,000# winch.
Other options for enclosed vehicles, such as classic or show cars/trucks, are as follows:
- Padded walls for vehicles protection.
- Padded vehicle covers.
- Rubber pads for tires to sit on.
- Special tire straps for anchoring vehicle to floor so it doesn’t move in transit.
- Heat and cooled environment for high end vehicles, or for special items being transported.
All of the additional items mentioned above are above and beyond normal transport, and all come with additional fees. They are only additional options if needed for special shipping.
What can we haul in our enclosed trailers?
- Classic cars
- Race cars
- Restored cars and trucks
- New cars and trucks/pickups
- Golf carts
- Utv’s and Atv’s
- Household items
- Boxed clothing
- Palleted items
So whether it’s classic car transport, or special items you are shipping, or maybe race cars, or something so special to you, and this is what you want, we’ve got you covered!!
Call now, and book your loads! You can find me on Facebook too.
Always do your best,
MPE LLC Hauling Service