New Years Resolution is something that most everyone sets on New Years Eve while they are drinking and feeling good. However, did you know that only 2-3% of the people that set a new years resolution actually sticks to it, and makes it happen? Kind of sad isn’t it?
This is why the world we live in is so overweight, so broke and poor, and so lazy. No one ever sticks with what they say. Sorry if this might be you, but hear me out before getting mad and leaving this page, because I use to be the same way! As a matter of fact, I still am a work in progress. I am still working on myself to improve and get better. Unfortunately, this process takes time, and it does not happen overnight!
New Years Resolution Fails… (Not All Your Fault)
Most of us have heard that it’s OK to give up and quit. Maybe it was a parent that told us that, or a grandparent, maybe it was a brother, or sister, maybe a teacher, or a co-worker? The fact is; we all must fail to get better and succeed, but it’s not OK to quit!
The people that give up or quit, will NEVER win at anything as long as they keep giving up and quitting on everything. A good example would be; making a new years resolution and deep inside you know that you will not stick with it, or that you might start it, but you already know ahead of time that you will quit along the way. Am I right on this? You probably already know the answer to this question. Yes, I am right!
So How Do We Stick With A New Years Resolution… and Not Fail?
- Set the new years resolution/goal and refuse to give up and quit!
- Write your new years resolution down on paper!
- DO NOT set to many goals! (write down a few of the most important and focus on them) so you don’t get overwhelmed by to many goals.
- Also write your new years resolutions down on sticky notes and place them on the mirror that you have to look at each and every day!
- Place those sticky notes next to the door that you walk out of every morning on your way to work. (these are reminders that will keep you motivated)!
- Place a sticky note with your new years resolution/goals on it on the rear view mirror of your vehicle and or dash!
- Make yourself some kind of a computer screen saver that either has your new years resolution/goals on it, or search Google.com and find something close and then save it to your computer screen saver!
- Change your daily habits so that you can make your resolutions/goals come true. (this might be as simple as changing the time you workout, or the times that you eat meals, or maybe the amounts that you put on your plate, if you are trying to lose some weight.
- If you have friends that are telling you that you can’t do something, then find new friends!
- If your family is telling you can’t do something, or reach your new years resolution/goals, then just stay away from them as much as possible until you reach those goals. Then you can have fun with “rubbing it in” a little…lol.
- Have fun on this new years resolution journey!
Let’s say that you are trying to lose some weight? Or maybe get in better shape? If so, then take a look at others that are doing the same and succeeding with it and maybe use some of their tips, tricks, ideas, or go back through the older post on this blog/website for ideas that we have used and many others to lose weight and get in better shape. You must follow the ones that are having success at whatever it is that you are attempting to do. The ones that are not succeeding will only help you fail and eventually quit. Even though some failures help us get better, quitting never helps us do anything except lose!
Maybe you are wanting to make more money in 2016? If that is the case, then you have to find those that are making the kind of money you want to make and hang out with them as much as possible. It is said and proven that we will earn very close to what our top 5 friends/or people we hang out with the most earn.
Not matter what your New Years Resolution is, set your goals, write them down on paper, and refuse to give up and quit on those resolutions/goals! If you give up and quit, then you are the one that loses. You are the one that has to look at yourself in the mirror every day, and realize that you are a quitter. Instead, use a different mindset and say; I WILL NEVER quit or give up. This time will be different, because I am not going to ever quit on anything again. This time I will lose the weight, or make that extra money that I need, or get in the best shape of my life. This is my year to win!
These tips and ideas have worked for us as well as many others all over the world, so why not give it a try? How about this; don’t just try it, instead, DO IT!
What are your dreams and goals? Remember, we become what we think about the most. If you really want to reach your dreams and goals, then think about them all the time. Keep your dreams and goals on the forefront of your mind constantly!
Use and enjoy,